Wednesday, January 4, 2017

huawei Y360-U72 USB to Windows7

Connecting this phone to laptop didn't work immediately. The problem was the USB mode.

When I connected the phone, drivers were loaded and the device appeared in Windows explorer, but when I tried to open it I got:









Later I stumbled on the solution...

Open settings and select All at the top then scroll down and select Storage:



Tap on the three dots at the bottom to open an additional menu and tap on USB computer connection:







Then select Media device (MTP). The default was USB storage. Maybe that is something my service provider set - the phone came locked to the provider. Huawei default might be different.



With the USB computer connection setting changed, the phone appears in Windows Computer as Y360-U72 and I can access the contents to copy photos, videos, music etc. between the phone and computer:

No comments:

Labels