Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Thunderbird keyboard shortcut customization

I am running Thunderbird 91.4.

I don't like the default Ctrl-V pasting formatting.

I installed the tbkeys-lite add-on and searched for two hours for any examples of configuration of the compose section. Didn't find a single example, and very few examples for the main section.

Issue 80 asked for examples and there was 1 reply.

http://kv5r.com/computers/thunderbird-paste-without-formatting/

Thunderbird Paste Without Formatting looks like it's relevant, but it is for an old version of Thunderbird - the files it references don't exist in my installation.

Finally, I tried the following and, fortunately, it worked:

{
  "ctrl+v": "cmd:cmd_pasteNoFormatting",
  "ctrl+shift+v": "cmd:cmd_paste"
}

With this, Ctrl-V pastes without formatting and Ctrl-Shift-V pastes with formatting.

No comments:

Labels